On Sunday 10 November 2002 07:32 pm, Galen Johnson wrote:
> Eric Webb wrote:

Yeah, I'm about 90% sure that my problems are with the "dump" program.
amcheck consistently tells me "DUMP program not available", which is echoed
by the "sendsize" program's debug log ("sendsize[15363]: time 0.027: no dump
program available").

I did a make distclean, configure found the path to the dump binary.  "dump"
that I used was found via search on sourceforge -- dump-0.4b31, which
compiled and installed into /usr/local/sbin.  I've been browsing sendsize.c
and it seems that the message I'm getting may be because of the DUMP define
not beind set (but the #if nesting is losing me at this hour).

configure's output shows "checking for dump... /usr/local/sbin/dump", which
makes me believe it finds it and sets it, but the line "#define DUMP $dump"
is never added to confdefs.h during the configure process.

I'm confused.  I must be missing something obvious.

-E.