Hi,

Haven't posted here in a long time because, well, Amanda just works.

I recently added a new client, to my Amanda setup.  A few details about
my configuration are after my .signature.  Five partitions on /dev/sda
(/, /boot, /usr, /var, /opt) and one on /dev/sdb (/home).  amanda.conf
lists them by partition (sda6, sda1, sda2, sda7, sda5, sdb1,
respectively).  /dev/sda? are all mode 660, owner root, group disk,
amanda belongs to only group disk.  Of all these partitions, only root
(/dev/sda6) comes up as being offline when I do an amcheck or amdump.

Here's the complete output of /tmp/amanda/selfcheck...debug:

selfcheck: debug 1 pid 19828 ruid 513 euid 513 start time Wed Nov 20
14:52:28 2002
/opt/amanda-2.4.2p2/libexec/selfcheck: version 2.4.2p2
selfcheck: checking disk sda5
selfcheck: device /opt
selfcheck: OK
selfcheck: checking disk /home
selfcheck: device /home
selfcheck: OK
selfcheck: checking disk sda6
selfcheck: device sda6
selfcheck: could not access sda6 (sda6): No such file or directory
selfcheck: checking disk sda2
selfcheck: device /usr
selfcheck: OK
selfcheck: checking disk sda1
selfcheck: device /boot
selfcheck: OK
selfcheck: pid 19828 finish time Wed Nov 20 14:52:28 2002

--
Stephen Walton, Professor of Physics and Astronomy,
California State University, Northridge

Details on my setup:  Amanda server is an HP-UX 10.20 workstation.
There are four clients:  two HP-UX 10.20 workstations, an RH 8.0
workstation, and an RH 7.3 system.  All have Amanda 2.4.2p2 as I built
them from source.  The problem system is a dual Athlon box with Tyan
motherboard, two Seagate 36 GB disks model ST336752LW connected to an
Adaptec 3960D adapter.