I am trying to build 2.6.1 n Solaris 8. Configure is giving me the following
error:

sh: gnome-config: not found
no
*** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for
the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GLIB is incorrectly
installed.
configure: error: glib not found or too old; See
http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Installation for help

I downloaded and glib-2.14.1-sol25-sparc-local from the SunFreeware site,
and installed it, but a find still does not find something called
gnome-config. Shoould this come with this libarary?