Dustin J. Mitchell wrote at 12:22 -0600 on Mar 10, 2010:
 > On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 11:44 AM, John Hein <jh...@symmetricom.com> wrote:
 > > Has anyone seen a tape that was marked no-reused get _used_?
 > > It happened last night here (amanda-2.6.1p2).
 >
 > To take a guess: label_new_tapes is set and the tape drive encountered
 > an error when try to read the label, thus not recognizing it as an
 > already-labeled tape.
 >
 > Just a guess..

label_new_tapes is not set in amanda.conf

A changer (chg-zd-mtx) with barcodes is involved, and the debug logs
show it specifically using "-slot next" to unload the current tape
that was in the drive when amdump started and load the no-reuse tape.

I haven't looked in the code to see if & where it cares to look
at no-reuse and decide not to use the tape.

I was wrong, BTW.  This is 2.6.1p1 (not p2).