Hello,

yesterday I integrated a Windows Server 2008 into my Amanda Backup via
Windows Share.
The Amanda mail came in just a few minutes ago and now I have to problems.

1.) It shows many lines with the "NT_STATUS_SHARING_VIOLATION" error
message.
Like:

? NT_STATUS_SHARING_VIOLATION opening remote file
\DATEV\DATEN\KR\DEFAULT\KR.LDF (\DATEV\DATEN\KR\DEFAULT\)
? NT_STATUS_SHARING_VIOLATION opening remote file
\DATEV\DATEN\KR\DEFAULT\KR.MDF (\DATEV\DATEN\KR\DEFAULT\)

Every file in question is being used by a running application (mostly
database text files).

I did a search on the BackupCentral forum but didn't find any solution.

So my question is: How can I backup these files while they are already
opened?
The Amanda Windows Client is no option due to the Cygwin environment.
Sorry.
Will it help to add the amandabackup user on the Windows Server 2008 to
the Backup-Administrator group?
Currently the amandabackup user is part of the local Administrators group.
(No Domain, just a Workgroup.)

The share rights are set to read-only for the amandabackup user.

2.) I am not allowed to list/enter many directories.
Amanda shows:
? NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED listing \Programme\*
? NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED listing \Users\<usernames>

Well, this eror occures because of wrong permissions.
But I added the amandabackup user to the local Administrators group.
So I thought that Amanda would be allowed to enter any directory on the
server..

Any hint?

Thanks,
Christian