On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 7:21 PM, Dustin J. Mitchell <dus...@zmanda.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 12:58 PM, Chris Nighswonger
> <cnighswon...@foundations.edu> wrote:
>> So... am I missing something that I don't know about or is this a bug?
>
> Replying on Paddy's behalf:
>
> There's a 3.1.1 that's currently in internal testing that might
> improve the situation.  It should be ready in a few days.  Send
> another email if you don't hear anything about it soon?

Ok.

I did find some further info in the wiki which indicated that the ZWC
requires the full path for each entry in the exclude list. I did
verify that this does work. However, it makes for quite a chore from
the administrative aspect trying to keep up with a full path to every
directory where one wants to exclude a certain file type or types.
Other backup solutions which use the MS VSS services allow both
exclusion and inclusion based on file extension matching patterns
alone. It seems that ZWC could be made to behave this way as well.

Kind Regards,
Chris