On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 1:55 PM, Jean-Francois Malouin
<ma...@bic.mni.mcgill.ca> wrote:
> taped           :  14    341794m    341794m (100.00%) ( 28.18%)
>  tape 1        :  14    520994m    520994m (134.96%) av24-2_right2_V00023L3
> (128 chunks)
>
> I liked that feature. Possible to get it back?

In particular, the last line is now missing, right?

I'm guessing that amstatus is missing some log line it used to expect.
 Amstatus basically parses the free-form stderr of the driver and
taper, so changes to the taper have probably removed the log messages
that amstatus is keying on.

Amstatus desperately needs to be rewritten to use some sort of
well-defined API to get its status information - the current solution
is basically unmaintainable.  I've tried to summarize the lines that
amstatus looks for here:
  http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Amanda_log_files/Amdump_Logs
based on a skimming of amstatus.  I've taken pains to ensure that the
new taper writes the corresponding lines.  Scanning amstatus is hard,
though, because it is full of deeply nested conditionals, where
different words of the same log line are matched several pages apart.
Perhaps I've missed something.   Can you take a look and see if you
can track it down?

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer