On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 11:32 AM, Steven Backus
<bac...@whimsy.med.utah.edu> wrote:
> whimsy.med.utah.edu sdb6 lev 1 FAILED [port open: Connection refused]

Well, connection refused seems pretty simple to diagnose - is the
Amanda port open on that system?  Appropriately UDP or TCP, depending
on the auth you've chosen?

> Also, I didn't get my reports.  I have:
>
>  lbl-templ "/local/etc/amanda/gen/3hole.ps"
>
> In my tapetype and it's always worked before.  Any ideas?

Perhaps you've built Amanda without indicating the printing utility?
Check the amreport logfile for more detail, and have a look at the
source to see how it decides whether to generate labels or not.  The
logic hasn't changed, but a rebuild may have altered some of the
inputs to that algorithm.

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer