On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 10:32 AM, Steven Backus
<bac...@whimsy.med.utah.edu> wrote:
>> Perhaps you've built Amanda without indicating the printing utility?
>
> This was not necessary in the past.  The 3hole.ps just "worked."

Tue Aug 24 23:59:10 2010: amreport: waiting for child process to finish..
Tue Aug 24 23:59:10 2010: amreport: invoking printer: /usr/bin/lpr
Tue Aug 24 23:59:10 2010: amreport: waiting for child process to finish..

It looks like it's running /usr/bin/lpr, so this conjecture (that the
build process did not find LPR) was incorrect.  So either lpr isn't
working, or it's being fed some input that confuses the printer and
nothing comes out.

You can get the postscript output sent to a file to examine it, if you'd like:

  amreport MyConfig --ps=temp.ps

Can you take a look and let me know what you find?

> I'll try to figure out more details, here again is the amreport
> debug log.  It looks like the code is fubared, not that my settings
> are incorrect.

Fubar means "f*'d up beyond all repair", which I hardly think applies
to a few warnings!  These are minor bugs, which I'll work on a patch
for.  Chris's analysis of the error on line 1312 is correct.

Can you send along your trace log?  I'd like to use it to create a
regression test for this.

DUstin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer