On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 11:09:41AM -0500, Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 10:23 AM, McGraw, Robert P <rmcg...@purdue.edu> wrote:
> > I have compiled and installed amanda 3.1.2
> >
> > My dumps ran ok over the weekend with no errors.
> >
> > But I am getting the following warnings in amoverview.
>
> We just saw a similar warning with a Zmanda customer, and did some
> significant reorganization in fixing it:
>
> http://github.com/zmanda/amanda/commit/78d97fad2a79d8928ae1d1cc79ce3701d70fce4a
>
> You can probably apply that patch relatively easily, or even just copy
> the amoverview script from the source tree, being careful to change
> @amperldir@ to point to the Amanda perl modules, wherever those might
> be on your system.

My install is from a Zmanda prebuilt binary and already had the changes
the above URL mentions.  But I get the same error (see my 8/22 post to
the hackers list.

Not having the source I manually applied Jean-Louis' patch and that did
correct the problem.  But ...

I decided to try some of the amoverview options.  I was surprised that
the long options can be shortened.  For example -verbose can be given
as -verb or -v but not -verbose0 or -verbosf.  This same behavior was
true for each of the amoverview options.  Good thing they all start
with different letters.

BTW -verbose did not show an differences from regular output.

More important, I found lots of other uninitialized errors with the
various options.

With -last

WARNING **: Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /usr/sbin/amoverview
line 118.
WARNING **: Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /usr/sbin/amoverview
line 121.

With -num0

WARNING **: Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
/usr/sbin/amoverview line 137.

With -togo0

WARNING **: Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
/usr/sbin/amoverview line 152.

I did not include the other 88 duplicats of each of the above messages :)

Jon
--
Jon H. LaBadie                  j...@jgcomp.com
 JG Computing