On Friday, September 17, 2010 09:00:27 pm Jean-Louis Martineau did opine:

> Big change to the driver and taper was committed yesterday.
> Can you post the taper debug file and the amdump.1 file.
>
> Jean-Louis

[...]
After changing the group on the whole thing from adm(id=4) to disk(id=6),
and manually fixing both the /amandatapes/Dailys/slot linkage and the
config/chg-disk-slot file so everything pointed at the correct slot, I did
this:

[r...@coyote Daily]# su - amanda -c "amflush -f -b Daily"
and it flushed at about 100megs/sec with no output to the cli I ran it from,
and sent me a plumb normal looking email.

This was the 3.2.0.svn.3341 version.  But my script could not do that.  Now
to see if a subscript that script calls that adds the rest of the config and
other data will work.  Yes, just fine.

What I am getting out of this is that somewhere along the line you have
switched from using the 'data' link in the vtapes root directory as a link
to the correct vtape to use, and are somehow using the data in chg-disk-
slot instead.  But no, that cannot be right, I just ran amcheck, it
reported:
Searching for label 'Dailys-21':found in slot 21: volume 'Dailys-21'
Will write to volume 'Dailys-21' in slot 21.
But both the 'data' link, and the chg-disk-slot file still say 20.

At this point I have a WTH expression on my ancient face.  Go read
changelog if all else fails.  I see a lot of changes on about 08/29-30-31
but no mention of chg-disk-slot?????

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

August 27, 1949:
        A Hall of Fame opened to honor outstanding members of the
        Women's Air Corp.  It was a WAC's Museum.