Hello!

I've 8 LTO-2 tapes filled with raw video (DV) and 4 with raw
high-resolution (35mm) scans stored in Bacula & catalog in Postgres
database.

Now, I'd like to put this data (~1.7TB of video & 700GBs of scans) on
the tape backed up by Amanda.

I'd also like to do this migration while my desktop machine is still
running Linux (with ext4 fs) 'cause I plan to put Free(PC)BSD on my
desktop with ZFS filesystem soon, in the attempt to avoid migrating
Postgres database from one OS to the other.

As far as I can see, there is no way to avoid restoring all this data
and then do backup with Amanda. The problem is that I'm a bit tight on
the HD - my desktop has 2x1TBs hard disks running in raid1 mirror, and
two smaller external USB disks (320GB + 750GB), so the only solution
(without buying more hardware) seems to be to remove one disk from
raid1 array and used it along with the other disks to restore
everything on those and then backup?

Let me add that video files (8 tapes) are stored in separate catalog
then the slides, iow. they use different pools of tapes.

Any idea how to do this Bacula --> Amanda migration in a most simple
way?

Is there any concern when migrating Amanda from Linux to FreeBSD?

Can you recommend some appropriate strategy to do this long-term
archiving of video & slides (besides
http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/FAQ:How_can_I_configure_Amanda_for_long-term_archiving%3F)

in order to have it easy way when doing recovery/restore without
having all the eggs in one basket?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
“In the material world, conceptions of good and bad are
all mental speculations…” (Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu)

http://atmarama.net | Hlapicina (Croatia) | GPG: CDBF17CA