On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 11:00:01 -0500
Chris Hoogendyk <hoogen...@bio.umass.edu> wrote:

> I saw almost exactly the same question on the Bacula list recently,
> with respect to migrating from netbackup to Bacula. The short answer
> was that there is no way except recovering and then backing up with
> the new backup program.

:-(

> If you had two tape drives and a decent sized holding disk, and you
> wanted to get really creative, you could write a module that recovers
> from Bacula tapes and streams directly to the Amanda backup. ;-)
> But, that's *way* over the top. Much easier to just recover and back
> up again.

Neither I've two tape drives, not enough creativity to delve into such
project. :-)

> I've found that using amadmin to force full and then marking the
> tapes as no-reuse works for archive and ends up keeping the same
> configuration for DLEs, etc.

Good.

> If you want more than one copy, you can always run that again, or
> just copy the tape if you have two drives.

Bacula has Copy Job. What about Amanda's amvault? Can it serve the
same purpose?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
“In the material world, conceptions of good and bad are
all mental speculations…” (Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu)

http://atmarama.net | Hlapicina (Croatia) | GPG: CDBF17CA