Hey Chris,

Here is another link to people having problems with this:
http://adsm.org//lists/html/Amanda-Users/2009-05/msg00098.html

Given that Debian and Ubuntu package amanda with a backup user of
"backup" instead of "amandabackup", shouldn't there be a serverside
bsdtcp option for controlling which username the server authenticates
as to the client?

I looked through the bsdtcp code in the repo, but I couldn't find
where the relevant block of code is. If someone who knows the source
better than me could point me in the right direction, I could submit a
patch.

Joel Eidsath