On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 01:11:00PM -0500, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 10:01:36AM -0500, Bryan Hodgson wrote:
> >
> > One day next week I want to prevent any level 0 dumps, and run only
> > incrementals for that one night.
> >
> > It's not obvious to me from the docs that 'amadmin force bump' will
> > actually prevent amanda from concluding that it's time for a level
> > 0.  Would 'force bump' serve my purpose?  (My guess = no.)
> >
> > There is more than one runcycle in our tape cycle, and we won't be
> > over-writing the most recent level 0 for any dump.
> >
> I looked at the man page and I agree the question is not addressed:
> "if a level 0 were due, would force-bump cause an incremental instead?"
>
> Jon

Okay, so it's not just me.  Thanks.

124 file systems, 2 are due today, all others are due for level 0 in
4 to 6 days.  And, of course, amanda usually moves some forward
early.

Okay, so I switched dumpcycle to 3 and all DLEs to force-bump for
tonight's run.  amadmin due now thinks there are some level 0's due
today.  We'll see what happens.

Bryan