On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 12:33 PM, April Rosenberg <apr...@yelp.com> wrote:

> Thank you, I am.  I will look at upgrading.

This seems to be the motive behind not releasing the code for the Win32
client under some OSS license.

of the requested DLE and piping it back to the Amanda server. It would be
nice to see someone in the community with some VB expertise whip up an open
source equivalent. It also looks like ZWC is using PKZip's library. PKZip
supports encryption of zip'd files. This could probably all be replaced
with an open source zip library like 7-zip which also supports encryption.

Nothing against Zamanda here, however, it just goes against open source
principles to cripple open source software in order to hold the corner on
the market.

Kind Regards,
Chris