On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 10:24:45 -0400, Jean-Louis Martineau wrote:
> On 04/02/2012 09:57 AM, Yogesh Hasabnis wrote:
> >Any workaround to handle the current situation which allows  me to
> >use "amrecover" ?
> You must recreate the log.* files.
> You can write a tool that read the tapes and create the log.* files.

Do you happen to have on tape a backup of the log files from your Amanda
server before it crashed?  If so, you could you use amrestore to
retrieve the log files (at least up through the day before that last
tape) and then install them into place on current server installation.

(I'm not sure about Red Hat, but on Debian/Ubuntu the Amanda log files
get stored under /var/log/amanda/[CONFIG]/, so as long as the /var
partition/directory tree was covered by your backups you should be able
to find the amanda log files on the tape....)

Good luck.

                                                Nathan

Nathan Stratton Treadway  -  natha...@ontko.com  -  Mid-Atlantic region
Ray Ontko & Co.  -  Software consulting services  -   http://www.ontko.com/
 GPG Key: http://www.ontko.com/~nathanst/gpg_key.txt   ID: 1023D/ECFB6239
 Key fingerprint = 6AD8 485E 20B9 5C71 231C  0C32 15F3 ADCD ECFB 6239