Am 2013-02-01 10:56, schrieb Bob Vickers:
> On Thu, 31 Jan 2013, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
>>
>> I would also like to see improved scripts, I have the issue at one
>> client that the LVM-snapshots aren't correctly removed sometimes ...
>> that leads to non-working backups and dozens of lurking snapshots ...
>>

> I had a lot of problems with LVM snapshots that would not go away, so I
> wrote a script deleteLV that repeatedly waits a little while then tries
> again. This has worked fine, though i have a suspicion that SuSE fixed
> the bug I was working round at exactly the same time as I installed my
> script!
>
> The script deleteLV is appended to this message in case anyone finds it
> useful.

Thanks for sharing, Bob!

I saw these issues with Gentoo Linux as well, so it might not be
Suse-specific. The server in question has recently been upgraded to a
more recent kernel and newer lvm2-userspace tools, I haven't seen the
non-deleted LV-snapshots since then.

I will take a look at your script and how I could fit it into my scheme,
at first glance I think I have to figure out how to select the snapshot
as it changes name every day. But that shouldn't be that hard ;-)

Thanks, Stefan