On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 21:21:49 -0800
mohit <amanda-for...@backupcentral.com> wrote:

> We have only ssh connection to the clients, and after reading thru
> documentations and forum, i understand that amanda uses a port range
> and 10080 port to take backup, which is not possible in this case.

You can run Amanda over SSH.
http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/How_To:Set_up_transport_encryption_with_SSH

You didn't say why you can't use the normal Amanda port range. If
necessary you can change Amanda's ports by recompiling. However, Amanda
over SSH should bypass the whole issue. SSH operates over its normal
port, 22, and Amanda tunnels through that.