I am currently rewriting my cronjobs to systemd-units and -timers ...
and I do that as well for the daily run of amdump.

Works fine so far.

my question:

It is rather easy to do a "mt -f /dev/st0 offl" after a successful
amdump, if there is only one tape-device.

I currently use 2 LTO-2 drives with:

tpchanger "chg-multi:{/dev/nst0,/dev/nst1}"

so it isn't predictable which of the 2 drives gets used in a particular
run of amdump, right?

I don't want to eject both drives every time as the 2nd drive/tape is
needed in the next run ...

Would it make sense to add a property to amanda's tapetypes which
triggers a "mt offl" after the tape has been written?

This would as well simplify the crontab-entries.

And it would also help with non-cron-triggered amflush-runs (where my
clients get confused as the tape isn't ejected when they receive the
report-mail).

pls comment.

Stefan