Hi,

I just built amanda 3.3.7p1 on a CentOS 7 box, to be used as our new backup
server with a new tape robot. The config step output this:

Directories:
  Application: /usr/local/libexec/amanda/application
  Configuration: /usr/local/etc/amanda
  GNU Tar lists: /usr/local/var/amanda/gnutar-lists
  Perl modules (amperldir): /usr/local/share/perl5
  Template and example data files (amdatadir): /usr/local/share/amanda
  Temporary: /tmp/amanda
WARNINGS:
  no user specified (--with-user) -- using 'amanda'
  no group specified (--with-group) -- using 'backup'

Two things:

These are different dir locations than amanda 3.3.4 which I've been using
until now. Is this b/c I've built from source or is that a change effecting
rpm's too (not that it seems likely they'd be different I figure).

The default user and group is now amanda:backup instead of
amandabackup:disk. If I want to use this server with existing clients
running 3.3.4 is this ok? Or should I rebuild with user amandabackup:disk?
Or upgrade clients to 3.3.7?

Thanks.

-M