This ought to be a not uncommon situation: I have an existing server running Amanda 3.3.3 (on Ubuntu 12.04) with a Sony Lib162-A5 tape library. I've added a SAS card and a NEOs T24 LTO6 tape library.

How can I configure Amanda with both libraries so that all new backups go to the T24, but if I did a recovery of data it would know to go to a tape on the Sony if necessary? I'd like to keep the existing configuration and history rather than starting with a totally clean slate and having to get a full set of level 0 backups to bootstrap it.

Then, at some later point, when I have cycled through a complete set of LTOs, I could de-configure the Sony and let go of the history related to the AIT tapes.

--

Chris Hoogendyk

-
   O__  ---- Systems Administrator