Check that the parts in  /etc/xinetd.d    (or similar … I’m on linux)   are
ALSO  using  amandabackup
and not your previous backup name.   The services  have  a    user=XXXXX   line
  in them.
Grep a bit  (or maybe somebody else will join the conversation!)

My  files to start the services look like this  (I start several flavors of the
AMANDAD service,  for several
generations of clients,  so look mostly at the  USER=   line here) :

service amanda
{
        socket_type             = stream
        protocol                = tcp
        wait                    = no
        user                    = operator
        group                   = root
        server                  = /usr/local/libexec/amanda/amandad
        server_args             = -auth=bsdtcp amdump amindexd amidxtaped
        disable                 = no
        groups                  = yes
}

Deb