> On Apr 1, 2016, at 9:54 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger <s...@amanda.org> wrote:
>

> (3rd try, as my mails don't seem to get through to the list)
>
> ->
>
> I am asked to come up with an archive setup using WORM tapes (LTO6).
>
> There should be yearly backups written to those tapes and stored away.
>
> Any clever tricks on how to set that up with as little overhead as
> possible? I'd like to link over the disklist and only have a minimal 2nd
> config for this. Mostly this will result in having a really huge
> dumpcycle, right?

Yes,  put a link for the disklist.
Copy the amanda.conf   but change:

dumpcycle 0         # the number of days in the normal ARCHIVE cycle
tapecycle  9000    # some infinite number; always fresh tape for archives
runtapes  3    #  whatever number it takes to fit all YOUR level-0 backups on —
plus 1 or 2 more for safety

redefine your “dailyDump” dump types,  so that the NAME stays the same  (you
are using the same disklist)
but the action includes
    strategy noinc    #nothing but full backups;  don't even calculate other
sizes
    skip-incr   yes       #dunno if needed, but I do it
    record no              #don’t mess up the RECORD  that the daily backup is
using as reference for incremental

Yeah,  it’ll take a long while.   Try to have as much spool space as you
possibly can.

I do an archive cycle once a month,  and use the above changes.

Deb Baddorf
Fermilab