Am 20.04.2016 um 15:30 schrieb Jean-Louis Martineau:

> It's hard to fix documentation when user don't tell how to improve it.
> Can you tell us the additional stuff?

You are right, sorry.
I just wanted to wait for an example, maybe I misunderstood something etc

My definitions so far, note comment in dumptype:

define application-tool app_amsamba {
        plugin "amsamba"
        property "SMBCLIENT-PATH" "/usr/bin/smbclient"
        property "AMANDAPASS" "/etc/amanda/amandapass"
        property "ALLOW-ANONYMOUS" "guest"
}

define dumptype vr_samba {
    comment ""
    index yes
    holdingdisk yes
    priority high
    program "APPLICATION"       # this line was not mentioned
                                # in the amsamba-manpage
                                # gives error when missing
    application "app_amsamba"
    dumpcycle 5
    maxdumps 4
}

>> Now it tells me it can't find amandapass, even when I double-checked the
>> server/path/permissions ...
>>
> Did it literally tell you "can't find amandapass"?

I had to symlink /etc/amandapass to /etc/amanda/amandapass to make it work.

When I set

property "AMANDAPASS" "/etc/amanda/amandapass"

or not, it misses "/etc/amandapass" and vice versa. Strange.

-

Additionally I have to say that I hit problems with the combo

samba-4.2.11 and amanda-3.3.9 (gentoo linux)

samba-4.2.9 works now for me, AFAIK

with 4.2.11 I got errors in amcheck regarding the amsamba-DLEs,
something around reading a file (I assume amandapass, it only said "file
descriptor 3" or so). I can re-test tmrw (have to reinstall samba-4.2.11
first) and give you more detailled reports. Currently there are backups
active!

Thanks, Stefan