On 29/03/17 02:34 PM, Jean-Francois Malouin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For whatever reasons I'm stuck for a little while with an amanda server
> with 2 different installations (one is community version 3.4.3 and the
> other is a zmanda enterprise edition running 3.3.9). I'd like to have
> them running concurrently and listening to different tcp ports under
> xinetd until one of them (the 3.4.3) can be disposed of -- a few weeks I
> guess until all the client DLEs are moved over.
> Both are running bsdtcp auth.
>
> How can I have one instance of amanda running on the default amanda
> service port 10080/tcp (the 3.3.9 server) and the other one (the 3.4.3
> server) some other port? The 3.4.3 server is backing up only one client
> running 3.3.0. I assume that for this lone client I can set the option
> 'client-port [ int | string ]' in its dumptype but how do I make the
> server listen to some other port than the default amanda port 10080? Say
> 11080. Which configure/compile options do I have to set while
> recompiling the 3.4.3 server? Any hints?

It is xinetd that is listening, so it must be changed there:
In the xinetd file:
   service 11080

Jean-Louis
This message is the property of CARBONITE, INC. and may contain confidential or
privileged information.
If this message has been delivered to you by mistake, then do not copy or
deliver this message to anyone.  Instead, destroy it and notify me by reply
e-mail