On Sunday 30 April 2017 23:46:42 Jon LaBadie wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 30, 2017 at 10:52:00PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Greetings all;
> >
> > The last time I used amrecover I had to make a tempdir on the same
> > disk as the stuff I wanted to recover was on.  thats ok because I
> > figure I can always copy it back to where it goes.
> >
> > The last time I ran it, I added a directory and it recovered
> > everything under that directory.
> >
> > Tonight I add a directory, have it do the extract, and it makes an
> > empty directory in the designated scratch area.  huh? wth?
> >
> > I want everything in that directory, as it existed on a setdate of
> > 2017-04-15, what am I doing wrong?
>
> That's the only way I've recovered, last time about a month ago.
>
> Wha did you do wrong???  With no detail we can't say.  But it
> wasn't the directory approach.
>
> jl

Server is 3.3.7p1, as is amrecover, the rest of the clients are a couple
versions newer, straight out of the wheezy or jessie repo's.

I did try to build 3.4.4 here a couple times, but it won't build, and a
posting quite a while back about it didn't get a reply, so I went back
and rebuilt 3.3.7p1, with the same old gh.cf script & till now its just
worked.

I found that I could get the directories contents, but nothing beyond, if
I "add dirname/*"  but  "dirname/*/*" was rejected.  So I plowed all 3
rows of corn repeating that till I had what I wanted, but it didn't fix
my web page.  The server claims its working but no content has been
added.  And theres about 7 gigabytes just sitting there.  I guess I'll
have to admit I'm a dummy, and go find my copy of the "html for dummy's"
book I bought quite a few installs ago. :)

Cheers Jon, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)