This is a long standing bug and is not easy to fix.

It is fixed in the not yet release 3.5 branch.
All connect system call are done in different thread.
All bind system call are done in separate processes.
planner, dumper, amcheck, amservice do not require to be setuid root.
Only the new ambind program need to be setuid root.

Jean-Louis