amanda 3.3.9

Hi,

I've got a large xfs filesystem that had trouble and has undergone repair.
Some inodes were disconnected from filenames. I've mostly been able to
identify what's what from contents of the dir trees now named as inodes in
lost+found. But I'd like to check the full file hierarchy to see what may
be missing so I can do only targeted restore operations if needed.

I have an incremental backup performed just before the fs repair operation
that moved some dirs into lost+found. I have a full backup from a couple
months before that.

When I look at the index file for a DLE from the incremental backup, I see
a lot of directory names with no filenames listed. It seems like the index
may hold all directories within the DLE, even if no files were backed up
from that dir during the run? Is that right? If so, I can recreate the
directory hierarchy at the time of the incremental backup just from the
index files from the incremental backup?

-M