On 19/01/18 12:51 PM, Michael Stauffer wrote:
amanda 3.3.9

Hi,

I've got a large xfs filesystem that had trouble and has undergone repair. Some inodes were disconnected from filenames. I've mostly been able to identify what's what from contents of the dir trees now named as inodes in lost+found. But I'd like to check the full file hierarchy to see what may be missing so I can do only targeted restore operations if needed.

I have an incremental backup performed just before the fs repair operation that moved some dirs into lost+found. I have a full backup from a couple months before that.

When I look at the index file for a DLE from the incremental backup, I see a lot of directory names with no filenames listed. It seems like the index may hold all directories within the DLE, even if no files were backed up from that dir during the run? Is that right?
yes
If so, I can recreate the directory hierarchy at the time of the incremental backup just from the index files from the incremental backup?

Yes, do a mkdir for each directory in the index file (the one which end with /).

Jean-Louis
This message is the property of CARBONITE, INC. and may contain confidential or
privileged information.
If this message has been delivered to you by mistake, then do not copy or
deliver this message to anyone.  Instead, destroy it and notify me by reply
e-mail