From: Todd M. Kover <kov...@omniscient.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2018 4:24 PM
To: J Chapman Flack <jfl...@math.purdue.edu>
Cc: Ashwin Krishna <ashwin.kris...@betsol.com>; Gene Heskett
<ghesk...@shentel.net>; amanda-users@amanda.org
Subject: Re: Zmanda acquired from Carbonite by BETSOL -- future of Amanda
development?

 > > I have reached out to members of -- owner-amanda-users group,  > >
 > > postmas...@amanda.org , webmas...@amanda.org in the past offering  > > our
 > > help and support to maintain amanda community.
 >
 > It's possible I've never known this -- who are the people who  > maintain
 > the amanda.org website and mailing lists, or receive  >
 > postmaster/webmaster/-owner mail?

The web stuff is hosted at sourceforge and anyone with commit access there is
able to update it/maintain it.  The code transitioned to github, but the
website stayed behind.

Mailing lists (and amanda.org itself) is me.  I'm a cs/umd-alumni who used to
be part of the amanda core team when there was such a thing and also did some
development for a period, before zmanda.  (I'm also someone who still runs
amanda...).  I have no affiliation with zmanda or carbonite or betsol.

There was a time when there was a core team who dealt with the overall care and
feeding of the project, but that kind of went by the wayside when Zmanda
stepped in and built a commercial project around it.  I have resisted folding
the amanda.org stuff into the commercial projects (both at zmanda and since),
believing that the community is really the team that should call the shots,
which has essentailly meant amanda-hackers, historically.  Ultimately, it is a
matter of who is willing to give time to the project, which it sounds like
betsol is, which is great news.

-Todd