On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 22:02:30 -0500, Nathan Stratton Treadway wrote:
> Depending on what I find in the code for amvault, it might help narrow
> in on the problem to have the full command line you are trying to run,
> as well as a bit more information on what list of DLEs you want to vault
> and which ones are actually getting vaulted instead....

Looking at the code (in amvault v3.5.1 as installed from the
amanda_3.5.1-4_WIP_4 Debian source package), amvault does apear to
process configuration overrides on the command line before trying to
load the diskfile, as one would expect.

And when I try running amvault specifying an invalid diskfile name I get
a run-time error, while a valid file name does not:

======
# su backup -c "amvault -odiskfile=asdf TestBackup dummyhost"
errors processing disklist

# su backup -c "amvault -odiskfile=/dev/null TestBackup dummyhost"
No dumps to vault
=====-

So it seems like the basic processing of the -odiskfile= command-line
option hasn't changed in v3.5.1....

Maybe some broader aspect of amvault's functioning has changed between
3.5 and your earlier versions?

                                                        Nathan

Nathan Stratton Treadway  -  natha...@ontko.com  -  Mid-Atlantic region
Ray Ontko & Co.  -  Software consulting services  -   http://www.ontko.com/
 GPG Key: http://www.ontko.com/~nathanst/gpg_key.txt   ID: 1023D/ECFB6239
 Key fingerprint = 6AD8 485E 20B9 5C71 231C  0C32 15F3 ADCD ECFB 6239