On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 6:37 PM Uwe Menges <uwe.men...@web.de> wrote:

> On 12/4/18 5:41 PM, Chris Nighswonger wrote:
> > So it appears that the
> > 11:29:10 part is nearly correct, but the 1+ part is clearly not.
>
> The last column is the current time for running dumps, or the last time
> it was dumping for DLEs that are already dumped (== finish time).
>
> There is special coding in place to put N+ in front of the current time
> if it was started on N day(s) before now, see
>
> https://github.com/zmanda/amanda/blob/b2fd140efb54e1ebca464f0a9ff407460d8c350b/perl/Amanda/Status.pm#L2301

The approach there is confusing at best for the unsuspecting. For example:
if the backup job were to start on one day at 23:59 and then finish up the
next at 0:59 the results would show it running for 1+ 0:59 which seems to
imply it has run for 24 hours plus 59 minutes. Reading the code (along with
your explanation) clears this up showing that what is being stated is that
the dump finished up at 12:59a on the day after it was started.

I notice that the man page for amstatus does not cover the output format. A
header line like that given in amreport might be helpful in avoiding such
confusion. Something like this:
https://github.com/zmanda/amanda/blob/b2fd140efb54e1ebca464f0a9ff407460d8c350b/perl/Amanda/Report/human.pm#L386

Kind regards,
Chris