> On Jan 10, 2019, at 10:32 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger <s...@amanda.org> wrote:
>
> Am 30.11.18 um 19:40 schrieb Debra S Baddorf:
>
>> IFF you have the holding disk space, you might want these params:
>>
>> flush-threshold-dumped        300 # (or perhaps only 150)  ## I have NOT
>> tested this one
>> flush-threshold-scheduled     100    #
>> ###However, all dumps will be flushed; none will
>> ### be left on the holding disk.
>> taperflush    0
>> autoflush                     yes
>
> I am still trying to come up with a set of parameters to keep the latest
> lev0 backups in holdingdisk *additional* to having them on tape.
>
> Trying to accumulate a lev0 of every DLE on disk to then switch over to
> the archive tapes and flush to them.
>
> As far as I understand that would mean increasing taperflush and set
> autoflush to NO, right?
>
> (only flush intentionally ...)

As I understand it,  “autoflush”  only applies to files left over from previous
runs.
Taperflush might do what you want, if you set it to 1000  ???   But I’m
doubtful.
But either one means writing to tape AND removing from disk.

Other readers:  is there a newer means to leave dumps on disk AND tape them?
I don’t think the above parameters are able to do that, at all.
But I’ve heard snippets that make me think other params in the latest version
can do it.

Stefan - we need input from others who have done this  (leaving dumps on disk
AND on tape).   If nobody answers, maybe start a new “thread”  with this actual
question in the subject line.

Deb Baddorf
Fermilab