At a customer we try to run 2 configs in parallel.

I discussed this setup here in the past, and bring it back up again ;-)

-

We run a daily config with 58 tapes.
This is run on weekdays 1-4 only.

Until now we had:

dumpcycle 2 weeks
runspercycle 8

Would it be better to have

dumpcycle 8 days ?

-

The 2nd config runs on FR and SAT: "weekly". With full backups only.

I want to force lev0 here and archive a set of tapes every 3 months ->
quartal and year archive sets.

I have 31 active tapes there right now, a full set of data takes around
4-5 tapes.

What parameters do you users use for such a setup?

dumpcycle? runspercycle?

-

I'd appreciate optimization tips here. It seems my dumpcycles are too
short so I get issues with too much data dumped per week etc