> On Nov 12, 2019, at 10:53 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger <s...@amanda.org> wrote:
>
> Am 12.11.19 um 15:27 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
>
>> I think that should be pointed out somewhere in the docs ... maybe I
>> should write something (or you ;-))
>
> The more I think of this I suggest that the default value of the
>
> property "GNUTAR-LISTDIR"
>
> should be "/var/lib/amanda/gnutar-lists/$config/"
>
> anyway. Right?

Probably, yes.

I _think_  I still have some configs that use old fashioned DUMP rather
than TAR.  I assumed they still “recorded” to the one  /etc/dumpdates   (??)
file,  and would definitely mess up the other configuration,  as
described above.

It does sound like one could separate the TAR record location.

Deb Baddorf
Fermilab