Greetings all;

Speed related question:
I've had a second holding disk setup on sdb here for long enough to
forget I had done it. Oldtimers setting in?

It was whatever was available as free space on an old wheezy install
on /dev/sdb and was a direct mount off of / in my fstab. Spotting it and
not recalling what it was for, I cleaned it out, and unmounted it.

Then of course amanda was forced to use the old holding disk for
everything and complained in the log, which I didn't read very carefully
for a couple days.  So tonight, I defined a new holding disk
as /sdb/dumps, and remounted the UUID as /sdb and made the whole path
owned by amanda:backup.

amcheck is again happy, and since a df now shows that now empty disk as
haveing 896702760 1k blocks free, it ought to have all the room it
needs, and I'm reasoning the original /usr/dumps holding disk can be
commented out.

However, since I'm also backing up 4 other machines whose "spindles" are
out on the net and can and do run in-parallel, is the removal of the old
default a good idea?  That would, depending on the scheduling, have 5
dumpers writing to the same spindle again.

Many Thanks for any insight folks.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis