On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 16:36:52 -0500, Robert Wolfe wrote:
> Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
> --------------------------------
> WARNING: wolfe2.wolfe.local: selfcheck request failed: error sending
> REQ: write error to: Connection refused
> Client check: 2 hosts checked in 0.069 seconds.  1 problem found.
>
> (brought to you by Amanda 3.3.3)
>
> Not sure what I need to do to get this to work.  I have the firewall on
> the remote server is disabled, but not sure what else I need to do.

The details depend on the authentication you have specified for that
host on the Amanda server and on the distribution/release of Linux
running on your Amanda client... but off hand it sounds like you are
missing the definition for the amandad service in /etc/inetd.conf or
/etc/xinietd.d/* on the client system.

                                                Nathan

Nathan Stratton Treadway  -  natha...@ontko.com  -  Mid-Atlantic region
Ray Ontko & Co.  -  Software consulting services  -   http://www.ontko.com/
 GPG Key: http://www.ontko.com/~nathanst/gpg_key.txt   ID: 1023D/ECFB6239
 Key fingerprint = 6AD8 485E 20B9 5C71 231C  0C32 15F3 ADCD ECFB 6239