Clifton Royston a écrit :

 I guess my point was more along the lines of: why is it routed
through amavisd in the first place?  Why send a self-generated DSN
through anyway?

because he is using transport to pass mail to different amavisd's depending on the recipient domain. The problem is that transport is global (not restricted to smtpd). so bounces will go to amavisd too.

Another issue is that he can't use reject_unverified_mumble since the verification probe would go to amavisd, which will say "ok", defeating the purpose of address verification.