Mike,

> Hi, I've been installing systems per the Vintinner wiki for some time
> now without any issues until now. I've configured the system
> per all instructions I can find to deal with this issue.
> There have been a few sparse threads on the subject;
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=amavis-user&m=112035005722116&w=2
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=amavis-user&m=112091901015777&w=2
>
> However, this does nothing for me.
> The chroot environment is sound, syslogd is creating a socket in
> /var/amavisd/dev/log
> With this setting amavisd is spewing to the console and I get nada in
> maillog. What gives?

I have no idea. After that first report I stared at the code, did even some
modifications to it with 2.3.2, but I don't see what could be causing the
behaviour described. Perhaps it is specific to OpenBSD, in which case
someone will need to help with debugging. Try first if it works without
chrooting.

See sub write_log, try inserting few test 'print STDERR ("TEST %s\n", ...)'
to see which code branches are taken, and run it as 'amavisd debug'
to be able to see the stderr (or do: amavisd foreground 2>/tmp/err.log )