Jim wrote:
> I have installed dspam under /usr/local/bin/dspam and included
> $dspam = 'dspam'; in the amavisd.conf (and restarted). But
> amavisd-new debug says $dspam not found - not using it. What`s
> wrong. Thank you for help.

> server2:~# su amavis dspam
> sh: line 1: /usr/local/bin/dspam: Keine Berechtigung

> I think, it is an permission/ownership problem. Must be an
> user/group dspam? In which group must be then dspam. amavis?
> In dspam.conf is Trust amavis

Maybe you forgot this:
chmod u-s,a+rx /usr/local/bin/dspam
and this:
chown -R amavis:amavis /the/home/of/dspam

I use Debian, so my ./configure option for the dspam home was
"--with-dspam-home=/var/lib/amavis/dspam". Then I:
chown -R amavis:amavis /var/lib/amavis/dspam

Another note:
I first installed Dspam using the default storage method. When
amavisd-new fed a message to dspam for retraining, if in the body of
the message there were over 15K characters, it would take longer than
6 minutes on my machine (Celeron 800MHZ) to process the message and as
a result, amavisd-new would time out. Dspam is nearly unusable this
way. I strongly recommend using SQL.