> Haines Brown wrote:
>
> >Based on this thread, I decided to install amavis-stats, but man
> >amavis-stats left me in the dark. The synopsis is: amavis-stats
> >[options] logfile, but the manual does not specify what this "logfile"
> >should be.
> >
> Have a look at:
> /etc/amavis-stats.conf
> /usr/share/amavis-stats/amavis-stats.php.conf
> and actually all the READMEs in the tar.gz.....

Matt, thanks. Took a look at the README.tar.gz. Following its
direction, I added amavis to the adm group. I then did # su - amavis,
but instead of getting to an "amavis#" prompt as indicated in the
README, I end up at "[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$".

>From this prompt, trying to run

  /usr/sbin/amavis-stats /var/log/mail.info

  amavis-stats: /var/lib/amavis-stats does not exist or cannot be
  written to.

The problem may be that I don't know how to give amavis user root
privileges.

--

       Haines Brown
       KB1GRM