Mark Martinec wrote:

Aaron,

I have searched for this on the SA, postfix and amavisd-new lists and
the only thing that i came up with is that SA never sees the "rcpt to"
address.
Essentially all i want to happen is for amavisd-new or SA to add the
person our users are sending mail to the whitelist automatically.  I
don't think we really care if it's using the "to" header or the "rcpt to".

With 'automatically' I don't know what you mean, but the rest is possible.

The term 'whitelisting' in amavisd-new (as well as in SA) is intended
for matching with sender address. What you are looking for is not whitelisting, but a way to permit mail to a recipient. Use one of:
@virus_lovers_maps, @spam_lovers_maps, @banned_files_lovers_maps,
or @bad_header_lovers_maps lookup tables.
Often the *lovers* is combined with *bypass* (see http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/amavisd-new-docs.html#checks ),
e.g.:

@spam_lovers_maps = @bypass_spam_checks_maps = (
 [ qw( [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] ) ],
);
Not exactly,

Sorry if i phrased my question wrong.

The process would be as such.
1. internal user x sends mail to external user y. 2. since we are sending mail to user y, user y must be ok to receive mail from. 3. amavis or SA sees that we are sending mail "to" person y and automatically adds user y to whitelist, either per recipient or global, for future incoming emails "from" user y.

hope this better explains.

Alterantive interpretation of your request is to allow mail originating
from internal clients not to be spam checked. A reliable way to
achieve this is to use a policy bank 'MYNETS', which may have
different settings that global, for example it may have spam
checking disabled:

@mynetworks = qw(127.0.0.0/8 10.0.0.0/8 ...);  # list your networks here

$policy_bank{'MYNETS'} = {  # mail originating from @mynetworks
 bypass_spam_checks_maps   => [1],  # don't spam-check
 bypass_banned_checks_maps => [1],  # don't banned-check
};

See amavisd.conf-sample and http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/amavisd-new-docs.html#pbanks

Both approaches can be combined. For example you can place
spam_lovers_maps list within a policy bank, so it will only apply
to messages which activate a certain policy bank.

Thanks again,

Aaron