hi all,

a slightly off-track question:

my upstream smtp provider is already running an anti-spam solution and i
therefore have messages coming in with a subject *** SPAM *** preceding
the original subject, and the provider leaves me no solution to stop it.

i'd like to re-write the subject, eliminating the "*** SPAM ****" before
amavis has a look at it and before it trains bayes -- bayes (i think)
would start to notice that spam mails have a subject that is easy to
spot.

i'm using postfix and would rather not have to try to develop a content
filter (for performance reasons) before handing the message to amavisd.

is it possible to put perl code into the amavisd.conf to do this?

cheers

charles