Per olof,

> ... one could argue that it is a cosmetic issue and the first upstream
> external server is present in the header information anyway.

> How difficult would it be to make this an option in amavis?

Unlike SA which gets all its information from mail header,
amavisd-new tries very hard to behave like MTA, basing its
decisions only on information from the SMTP protocol and
additional data like IP address from XFORWARD and information
from passive operating system fingerprinting (if enabled).
So far I successfully avoided any need to parse header
in order to extract information from it, and hope to do so
for some time to come, if at all possible. Baseing decisions
on header info opens up a new can of worms.