Mark,

> I didn't have anything specific in mind. Just be aware that the second MTA
> which receives XCLIENT would behave as if it received the message directly,
> so your restrictions list should be aware of it. You may want to ask on the
> Postfix list if someone sees any catches there.

I will check on the Postfix list.
Just FYI, the front-end MTA's still rejects the usual suspects like
"Domain not found", "relay access denied" and unknown local users of
course. I see no such decisions handed over to the second MTA as one
might have expected.

I could in fact state that Postfix behaves better than I could ever had
wished for.

Thank you for your kind attention,

Per olof