Thanks for the feedback! Indeed, I should remove the X-Envelope-To
header before releasing the e-mail. In my case I'm using SQL for the
quarantine, so all recipients are entered into the msgrcpt table.
It also appears that the X-Spam-Score header is missing (I'd like people
to be able to see that after the e-mail has been released) but I can
easily add it since the score is also in the database.

Tenyo

Gary V wrote:
> Noel wrote:
>

>> At 04:54 PM 8/9/2006, Gary V wrote:
>>
>>> I could be mistaken, because I don't have a sample to look
>>> at, but...
>>> A couple caveats, it's possible in multi-recipient mail
>>> that under
>>> some circumstances you will not know who the other
>>> recipients may have
>>> been (BCC) so you cannot guarantee delivery to all
>>> intended recipients.
>>> You should pay attention to the X-Envelope-To: header as
>>> well as the To:
>>> header as this is the envelope recipient.
>>>

>> The X-Envelope-To: header will contain all original
>> recipients, including any BCC: recipients; this header must
>> be removed when you release a file from quarantine to
>> protect the privacy of BCC recipients.
>>

>> The To: header is irrelevant and should not be used for
>> delivery - in particular, never feed quarantined mails to
>> "sendmail -t".
>>

> Thanks Noel, I appreciate the correction. Indeed if all recipients are
> listed in X-Envelope-To: headers, the To: header should be ignored.
> As luck would have it I didn't have a single sample in my quarantine that
> contained more than one recipient so I made an incorrect assumption.
>
> Gary V

Tenyo Grozev
Perimeter Internetworking
203-541-3425

--
The sender of this email subscribes to Perimeter Internetworking's email
anti-virus service. This email has been scanned for malicious code and is

This communication is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s)
above and may contain trade secrets or other information that is exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. Any use, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this communication by anyone other than the named recipient(s) is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please
delete the email and immediately notify our Command Center at 203-541-3444.