Hi,

> > sa-update --nogpg --updatedir /var/amavisd/usr/local/share/spamassassin
>
> > 'amavisd debug-sa' picks up the rules.  I set the above command to run
> > as cronjob once a week.
>
> Read the warning:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=spamassassin-users&m=115461333311299
>
> Gary V

thanks for pointing out the warning. I am just wondering if this is still
the case though. My setup is excactly like the one, which the warning
warns about, however the sa-update creates its own directory
"updates_spamassassin_org" with /usr/share/spamassassin, and seemingly
leaves the old ones alone.

Has anyone got a reasonable solution to this problem.

I am also using RulesDuJour, and I do not want to clutter up
/etc/mail/spamassassin with more rules than necessary. It's bad enough
with a new *.pre file for every version of SA.

If I use the /var/lib/spamassassin setup, sa-update creates a directory
for each version of SA and I would have to move the RulesDuJour rules into
those everytime I update SA.

Thanks for any help,

.peter