Hi!
I'm new to this list, this is my first post.

I'm planning to set up a personal spam filtering gateway. It should
collect mail from several remote POP servers, scan them through amavis
and make them available through an IMAP server.
I managed to figure out how to configure every piece of software
involved, there is only one step that causes a bit of trouble. In fact
there is no need for any MTA in this setup. Amavis will get the mail
from fetchmail using plain SMTP and should pass it to dovecot.
I planned that Amavis would pass the mail on to procmail which stores it
in the MailDir format for dovecot to read it. The problem is that Amavis
doesn't support to relay directly to procmail or any other MDA. That
would mean that I have to use an MTA for the sole purpose of relaying
mail between Amavis and procmail. That's a bit of overkill IMHO.
I read in the documentation that Amavis can call sendmail via the
command line. Is this interface flexible enough to call procmail
instead? Is anybody aware of a wrapper script?
Perhaps there is also an easy way to configure postfix to act as an MDA.

Did anybody have to deal with this kind of setup in the past?

Best regards,
Jona Joachim