Mark Martinec wrote:
> What is missing is your semantics code: check what information
> came in, and prepare a suitable response.

ok, we shall begin. I do code a little perl, I shall pass it back with a
brown bag :)

> You may disable whole code sections in amavisd
> which you won't be needing:
>
> amavisd.conf:
>
> @bypass_virus_checks_maps = (1);
> @bypass_spam_checks_maps  = (1);
> @bypass_banned_checks_maps= (1);
> $bypass_decode_part = 1;
>
> and provide sufficient number of child processes:
>
> $max_servers = 20;
>
> Verify at amavisd startup that non-needed sections are NOT LOADED.
>
> Although amavisd could handle Posfix policy requests on
> one port and the usual content filtering requests on another,
> mixing the two would probably not work well, one being
> many and leightweight requests, the other being few and
> fat requests.

ah, I think this (another amavisd to handle policy requests) makes it a
less than canonical solution, but so be it.

I could hack a policy daemon together myself, but really I feeling this
should be something anyone inclined can config up with readily available
components. There are enough policy daemon project already. Ah well, I
guess the best solution will win in the long run.

I might see what Wietse thinks is the right solution.

Thanks for you help I'll reply when I have a little more (code),

Rob